Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Looking Back


Over the past 12 weeks, I've learned a tremendous amount of information about Assistive Technology.  Everything I learned will help me become a better teacher. Before I took this course, I realize I was using assistive technology without even knowing it. 

AT is EVERYWHERE!  Before when I thought of assistive technology, I only thought of the high-tech devices, like iPads and computers.  Now I know all about mid-tech and low-tech devices, too.  I learned that assistive technology does not have set rules in which certain devices work for certain people.  It depends on the individual person and their individual needs. What device is appropriate for one person, may not be appropriate for another.  You can find the most beneficial device through careful evaluation and by actually using it and trying it out. 


  Giving a student a tool that caters specifically to their individual need is life changing.  Our goal is to help students become independent and AT helps us do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment